Our beloved Param Gurudev, His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Promode Puri Goswami Maharaj, established the beautiful Gopinath Gaudiya Math in Mayapur in 1987 at the humble request of his disciples. The name Sri Gopinath Gaudiya Math was given by His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Dayita Madhava Goswami Maharaj when he sent a letter to Srila Bhakti Promode Puri Goswami Maharaj, addressing him as “the Acarya of Sri Gopinath Gaudiya Math”. The mission of the Gopinath Gaudiya Math and the 40 permanent residents who serve the Deities is to help people to understand the value and purpose of this human birth, to inspire them to reach the ultimate goal of life through sincere spiritual practices including chanting the Hare Krsna Mahamantra and serving the Lord’s devotees under the guidance of a qualified spiritual master.
His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Pramode Puri Goswami Maharaj is the Founding President and Acarya of the Gopinath Gaudiya Math. Since 1997, according to the will of the founder president, the current president and Acarya is His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Bibudha Bodhayan Maharaj.
The present GBC members are as follows:
- President: His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Bibudha Bodhayan Maharaj
- Vice President: His Holiness Bhakti Saran Vaman Maharaj.
- Secretary: Sripad Govindadas Dasadikari (Bandapadhyay)
- Treasurer: Sripad Gopinath Das Brahmachari
- Executive Member 1: and Temple secretary: His Holiness Bhakti Nandan Swami Maharaj
- Executive Member 2: His Holiness Bhakti Sarvasva Sadhu Maharaj
- Executive Member 3: Pradyumna Das Brahmachari
- Executive Member 4: Sankarshan Das Brahmachari
- Executive Member 5: Sripad Ramdas Dasadhikari